Pages

Friday, January 22, 2016

Toscana Soup.

I am not the biggest fan of soups. I have no clue why, but I am just extremely picky with them. However,  this Toscana Soup is literally the yummiest soup I have ever tasted. My mother in law gave me the recipe and ever then it's been one of my favorite dinners to make (and eat)!

It is super easy to make and I love that if I make a little extra I can have it for lunch/dinner the next day and it still tastes exactly the same!

Here's how you make it:

First, you will need 3/4 cup of finely chopped onions, 1 package of Jimmy Dean sausage (I prefer regular but if you like a little kick to your meat then use spicy), and 3 garlic cloves finely chopped or minced.
Put your onions and sausage in a frying pan and saute until meat is browned. Add the garlic and mix together. 

While you are browning your sausage mixture, combine 6 chicken bouillon cubes and 5 cups of water in a large pot and bring to a simmer. 

Then, add 3 medium sliced potatoes (don't peel), the sausage/onion/garlic mixture and a slice of bacon (for flavoring).
Cook for 15 minutes.


Finally add in 4 cups of kale and 1 cup of liquid whipping cream. 
Heat thru.


Toscana Soup 
(serves 5-6)

3/4 cup chopped onion
1 package Jimmy Dean sausage (regular)
3 garlic cloves (minced)
6 chicken bouillon cubes
5 cups of water
3 sliced potatoes (do not peel)
1 slice of bacon
4 cups of kale 
1 cup heavy whipping cream

In a frying pan add the onions and sausage and cook until the sausage is browned. Stir in the garlic. While your meat is browning add the water and bouillon cubes to a large pot and simmer. Once it is simmering and your sausage mixture is done add the potatoes, bacon, and sausage mixture. Cook for 15 minutes. Finally add the kale and heavy whipped cream and heat thru.

Serve with some sliced french bread and butter.
Enjoy!

TIP: Whenever I buy bacon I always take out a piece or two and put them in a zip loc bag to store for this very recipe! Also, be sure to dip your bread in the soup! Yum!


xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment