Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2015

The Cutest Quiet Book You've Ever Seen!

Okay mommas, grandmas, and aunts are you ready to see the cutest thing you've ever seen?
I seriously died when I saw this quiet book. I knew my kids would absolutely love it!

Lulu Books is a brand new small business that just launched their very first quiet book. 
There are 3 ways in which you can order:
1: You can just order the digital copy meaning you will pretty much be creating the book yourself!
2: You can buy the book already laminated and bound so that all you have to do is cut out the pieces and attach them to your book. Plus you will get a copy of the digital download.
3: You can buy the complete book plus the digital download.

I obviously did option one which I absolutely loved. Making the book does take some time, but spending that time working on this for my littles has made it that much more meaningful. I mean I definitely developed some mad cutting skills! 

Below I am sharing some pictures of the whole process I went through to make it!

1: You will save the digital copy onto a small hard drive and take it to your local printing shop (I went to Office Depot but I've heard Kinkos is cheaper) and print out all the pages onto cardstock.
2: Then, you cut out all the pieces on the last six pages of the book. This part is time consuming especially if you are a perfectionist!  Make sure you cut as close to the lines as you can. I
 just sat down on the couch and cut away while watching Netflix! 

 Ahh all the hard work! I seriously feel like I am becoming a pro cutter!

3: Next, you will take all your pieces as well as the other pages of your book back to the printing store and have them laminate all the pages and pieces. You will also want them to bind your book! There are a few other options you can do with your quiet book like put them into file folders or a binder if you like that better!  I honestly think binding is the way to go!

4: Once you have all your laminated pieces you will once again cut them out! See I told you I was becoming a professional! 

5: Decide how you want to attach your pieces. I just used poster tac and tore off little chunks and put them on the back of all the pieces and then put them in their spots in the book.

6: And...You're done!
Now admire you work and give yourself a pat on the back for being so crafty!

Below are a few samples of the pages. I didn't want to share every page because you should definitely wait to be surprised! Honestly it is the cutest book I have ever seen!




I could write pages and pages about how obsessed with this book I am. I cant wait to give it to my girls for Christmas. They are going to freak out! I am also so excited to spend time with them working on all the little pages. I love how educational and interactive it is, so if you are looking for a last minute gift idea for your little ones be sure to check out Lulu Quiet Books HERE

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment