Pages

Monday, May 4, 2015

Legs, Legs, and more Legs!

We are so excited to share with you some of our favorite workout routines that work for us and hopefully can work for you! So, today's topic is all about the thing women care about most... legs.  I'm going to share with you in full detail how I prep for my workout, my leg workout routine, and my post workout cool down. 
Lets start with the prep!
 I absolutely HAVE to have a pre-workout drink before I begin anything. 
My favorite pre-workout EVER is ADRENHERLYN by Black Market Labs. The taste is incredible and the effect it has on my body works! You want to fill your bottle with 8 fluid oz of water and then use 1 scoop of your pre-workout. I use the Blender Bottle because it's convenient and you can seriously find them anywhere. I drink mine about 15 minutes before I workout so that way when I'm ready to go the drink will kick in. For those of you who have never taken a pre-workout but are interested, don't freak out when your body starts to take to it. You will feel tingly, but you will also feel like you can conquer anything! Just a little FYI (: 
MY LEG ROUTINE:
TREADMILL for 15 minutes.
0-3 minutes, walk at 4.0.
3-6 minutes run at 6.5.
6-9 minutes walk at 4.0
9-12 minutes run at 7.5
12-15 minutes run at 8.0 and above.
BICYCLE: 10 minutes.
I put my resistance at 9 and above and just kill my legs for the next 10 mins.
STAIR CLIMBER: 10 minutes
I try to do at least 60 steps per minute.
And the last 2 minutes I go as fast as my body can handle.
The cardio portion is killer and its hard, but I always feel incredible after. I advise that YOU only do what YOUR body can handle. I had to work up to this level, and I'm still pushing myself to go stronger. It's a p r o c e s s. Be patient!
CARDIO LUNGES: (my personal favorite!!)
I'll try my best to explain this perfectly.
20 lunges down with a 20 lb back bar behind my neck.
20 lunges back up with 5 lbs dumbbells in each hand.
20 lunges down again with no extra weight just my body.
1 minute break before next set.
I do this 3 times, making it a total of 180 lunges.
DROP IT LIKE A SQUAT:
4 sets of 20, pretty simple.
Making it a total of 80 squats.
I don't do anything more then 20 lbs when squatting. I bulk very easy and so I prefer less weight and more reps!
LEG PRESS:
Again, simple.
Just find a leg press machine and choose the weight you desire.
I do 40 lbs 4 sets of 20.
Making a total of 80 leg presses.
This machine really works my quads.
CALF RAISES:
4 sets of 20
20 lbs.
Making a total of 80 calf raises.
Now, I don't focus on every muscle of my leg. If I did I would be at the gym for 5 hours and I definitely don't have time for that. This is just my basic leg routine that I personally feel does the most for my legs. I do focus on my hamstrings, glutes, and butt in an entirely different workout during the week.
I just want to say that this workout fits me for my body type.  I know there are millions of other workouts out there that would be beneficial as well and I would love to try them. So don't feel discouraged about how many reps, weight, etc., just do what feels best for you!
POST GYM WORKOUT:
When I get home from the gym I have to drink protein. I could go on and on why I love it. If you're interested in what protein can do for you and the benefits it offers, take a look HERE!
This is one of my favorite recipes for a protein shake.
You will need:
1- Blender
2- 1.5 cups of Milk (your preference)
3- 1 scoop of Protein Powder (your choice in flavor). For me, Chocolate!!
4- 1 banana
5- 1 tsp of cinnamon
6- handful of ice.
Blend together and BOOM you have yourself a tasty, HEALTHY treat (:
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment