Pages

Monday, January 18, 2016

Top 4 Favorite Lipstick Shades

I can be a little picky when it comes to the shade I want to wear on my lips. I struggle very much with warm tones, pinks, and certain reds. I have found though that I have become obsessed with brown tones. I feel like they compliment my skin tone quite nice. I thought I would narrow down my top 4 FAVORITE lipstick shades at the moment. Shockingly, there are a few pinks and a red shade in this list. 


Requiem: (sold out, very popular shade) Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick. I love it because I don't own anything like it. I love the soft lilac color and the coolness of the pink. It's definitely something I don't wear it everyday, but I like it for when I want to change things up a bit. 
Lolita: Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick. This color is warm however, I really liked the way it complimented my skin tone and features. It's a burnt red color with a little bit of a orange undertone. 
Sandstorm: NYX Liquid Suede Lipstick. I thought this color would look a lot more brown. I liked how it was definitely more nude but still had a lot of brown undertones. It's honestly perfect for any look, bold or soft.
Tea And Cookies: NYX Liquid Suede Lipsticks. I struggle so hard when I'm dealing with very pink tones. I was so impressed with this shade of pink. It wasn't too vibrant or too pale. I would honestly describe it has the perfect pink. If you're a pink kind of girl, this is definitely for you!

You probably noticed the word "Liquid Lipstick" a lot in this post. In case you're not aware, a liquid lipstick is basically a lipstick that has a liquid formula and dries EXTREMELY matte. I personally love matte lips because I can talk, eat, and kiss my hubby without it coming off or smudging anywhere. They last about 8 hours. Some brands can be very drying, so find what works for you. (:

The NYX Suede Liquid lipsticks have the same concept of a regular liquid lipstick, except you will find a slight satin finish with the lipstick. Meaning it's pretty matte however, a little bit of shine. It feels a lot more creamy on the lips vs. a completely matte lip. 

I was very impressed with both of these brands. I did notice the Kat Von D brand lasted several hours longer than the NYX brand, but I still love them both. I have tried A MILLION different brands. Another brand that has my heart is Colour Pop Cosmetics. They have a lot of variety and are very affordable. 

Make sure to check out the links! Add some color to your lipstick game and pucker up! (:
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment