Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

DIY Trick Or Treat Pail.


Growing up my siblings and I always used the little round, orange pumpkin pails to put our candy in when we went trick or treating.
Personally, I don't think they are the cutest but I was still sentimental to them and wanted my littles to use them as well. I just had to figure out a way to make them cuter.
Thank goodness for fabric and modge podge!

Here's what you need: 
*A cheap pumpkin pail. You can find them at Wal-mart or Target for seriously $1!
* 3/4-1 yard of fabric. (I would rather have leftovers than not enough!)
*Modge podge 

Cut the fabric into strips using the pumpkin to measure the length and then about 1 inch for width. Then modge podge those strips onto the "ugly" orange pumpkin until it is completely covered. I made sure the bottom was covered but didn't do anything on the inside.

If you aren't familiar with modge podge it's super easy. You just lay the strips over the pumpkin, dip a foam brush into the modge podge, and brush it all over the fabric. It dries completely clear!

I then cut a smaller strip and just wrapped it around the handle. I also cut up some super small strips and tied them on to the ends to add a little extra fringe!

I absolutely love the way it turned out and can't believe how easy and cheap it was to make.


Happy trick or treat pail making!
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment