Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

10 Steps: 5 Minute Makeup.



 EVERYBODY needs to have a 5 minute makeup look! For some girls, that might be all the time they have to do their makeup. I love this look because it's so fast and easy that anyone has time for it and can pull this off. I'm a firm believer that EVERY girl should feel comfortable in her own, natural skin but with that being said, there's no harm in adding a touch of makeup to enhance that natural beauty. 
HERE'S WHAT I DO:
1. Apply a face primer. I love using NYX Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator as my primer because it is lightweight and gives skin a refreshed glow and a beautiful highlight.  
2. Apply foundation. Because this look is very natural, instead of going with a heavy coverage foundation, I like using my e.l.f. Cosmetics Studio BB Cream. I'm obsessed with how creamy and soft this bb cream is and I absolutely love that there is SPF in it. Everyday before my makeup, I always put on sunscreen so this BB Cream allows me to skip a step (Bonus: Skipping steps means a faster application ;) ) I use a foundation brush to apply this or my fingers and I apply it ALL OVER my face including my under eye area, so I don't need to apply concealer, and my eyelid because I won't be wearing any shadow. However, if you have any imperfections, you can still use a concealer to better hide them. For example: dark circles, acne, or any redness around the face.
3. Curl your lashes. Curling your lashes is a very important step because it really opens your eyes. Make sure you curl your lashes BEFORE applying mascara to prevent your lashes from getting stuck and/or pulled out.
4. Apply mascara. Any mascara will work. I'm always using a different mascara but the one I'm using now is called Monster Lash by Femme Couture. I apply a generous amount on my upper lashes doing several coats and a light amount on my lower lashes because I'm not a huge fan of dramatic lower lashes.
5. Fill in your brows. As always, I use an angle brush to do this and my all time favorite brow shadow, Brun my Mac Cosmetics. To speed up this process, I don't go all out sculpting my brows. I just lightly add some powder as needed and comb through them keeping them simple and natural. Filling in your brows is extremely important because it really frames the face. 
6. Add a highlight to your inner corner of the eye and brow bone. Any light color will do but my personal favorite at the moment is called Vanilla by TIGI Cosmetics. Highlighting these areas really helps brighten and draw attention to your eyes. 
7. Apply bronzer. My all time favorite bronzer is Fawn and Havana mixed together in Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit. I apply my bronzer on the sides of my face (contour/blush area), on my forehead, chin and lightly on the nose. Really anywhere the sun would hit leaving a nice, natural sun-kissed effect. 
8. Apply a highlight. My favorite highlighter at the moment is Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Brick Compact in Beige. It is so gorgeous and leaves the most perfect glow! I apply this on my cheekbone (highest part of the cheek, under the eye), slightly on the forehead, down the bridge of my nose, cupids bow, and chin. 
9. Apply your favorite gloss. Soooo.... I forgot to add my favorite gloss but anything will work! I like using a natural lip pencil like Natural by NYX Cosmetics to lightly line my lips to add definition. I even like the natural lip I have in this picture. Just remember that it's important to keep your lips hydrated and moisturized so even a little chapstick wouldn't be a bad idea. 
10. Last but not least, set your makeup. The setting spray that I love to use is Dewy Finish by NYX Cosmetics. This spray is lightweight and keeps my makeup looking dewy and fresh all day long. 

"Makeup should never be used to hide yourself. It should be used to enhance your natural beauty."   

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment