Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Valentine's Day Sugar Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting.

These were honestly the best sugar cookies I have ever had!
They are perfect for delivering to family/friends/teachers, or whoever else might be in need of a little love!


I tried out Our Best Bites sugar cookie recipe for these and oh my gosh they were amazing.
So here is the link to that:

For the frosting I used my very favorite cream cheese frosting recipe:
1 stick salted butter (softened)
1 8oz cream cheese (softened)
2 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix butter and cream cheese together until smooth. (I use the whisk attachment)
Slowly add in sifted powdered sugar. Mix until smooth.
Finally add in vanilla and mix until incorporated.
I beat my frosting like crazy because the smoother the better!

(I doubled both the frosting and the cookie recipe.)

I separated it in to 3 bowls and added food coloring. I used the red one for both the light pink and the darker pink. I obviously just added more drops for the darker one:) For the purple I actually used a neon purple food coloring. Then you just put the frosting in your bag or I use this. And I absolutely love it. I use a Wilton 1m tip. For the heart shaped cookies I just started on the middle outside of the heart and traced around the outside and then came into the middle making a v shape. For the circle cookies I simply started in the center and swirled around and around until I reached the outside edge.
Hope that makes sense.

Happy valentine's day baking!

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment